Western Hospital provides x ray services in Sri Lanka. X-rays are types of electromagnetic radiation which sees through a person’s skin and reveal images of the bones beneath it. We provide a 24 hour radiography service for general X-rays, which covers a comprehensive range of basic X-rays including dental x-rays. Our X-ray unit is well equipped with latest digital technology and is administered by experienced and highly trained radiographers. We also provide specialized x-rays such as intravenous pyelogram (IVP) X-rays, which is an X-ray test that provides pictures of the kidneys and other components of the urinary tract.
Western Hospital X-Ray services in Sri Lanka includes a variety of X-Ray imaging including:
- IVP X-Ray
- Chest-AP X-Ray
- Chest-AP/LAT X-Ray
- GUT (KUB) (AP) X-Ray
- Abdomen- ERECT(/Supine X-Ray
- Skull AP/ LAT X-Ray
- Sinuses â AP X-Ray
- Lumbar Spine â AP / LAT X-Ray
- Knee Joint â AP/ LAT X-Ray
- Both Knee Joint â AP/ LAT X-Ray
- Hip Joint â AP/ LAT X-Ray
- Both Hip Joint- AP X-Ray
- Foot â AP/ LAT X-Ray
- Shoulder â AP X-Ray
- Shoulder â AP/LAT X-Ray
- Cervical Spine â AP/LAT X-Ray
- Ankle â AP/LAT X-Ray
- Elbow â AP/LAT X-Ray
- Wrist â AP/LAT X-Ray
- Finger X-Ray
- Dental X-Ray
- Thoracic Lumber Spine AP / LAT X-Ray
- For most X-Rays there is no appointment required or pre preparation. You can walk in during service times and take an X-Ray.
- X-Ray KUB/ IVP/ Abdomen ERECT
- 12 hour fasting is required
- Empty bowels are required (DULCOLAX tabs may be administered for KUB X-Rays)
- Allergic history, 12 hour fasting is also required for IVP X-Rays
- Ask our staff for any clarification.
An X-Ray generally takes 10-15 minutes while a few X-Rays take 30 minutes.
Hereâs what happens:
- Once you are prepared for the type of X-Ray you are undertaking, then the X-ray technician or radiologist will tell you how to position your body to create clear images.
- They may ask you to lie, sit, or stand in several positions during the test. They may take images while you stand in front of a specialized plate that contains X-ray film or sensors. In some cases, they may also ask you to lie or sit on a specialized plate and move a large camera connected to a steel arm over your body to capture X-Ray images.
- It is important to stand still when performing the X-Ray
- Once the radiologist is satisfied with the images, the X-Ray will be printed and handed over to you. After which the medical personnel may advice you to meet the doctor or specialist consultant for further treatment.
- No Appointment
- Fasting Required for some X-Rays