Western Hospitals provides ultrasound scanning services in Sri Lanka. Ultrasound scanning, also known as sonography, is a non-invasive medical imaging test that uses high frequency sound waves to obtain 3D / 4D images of body parts and structures. Ultrasound allows your doctor to see organs and tissues without problems. Need to make a cut. Unlike other imaging methods, ultrasound does not use any radiation. For example, this is the best way to look at a developing fetus during pregnancy.
Western hospital provides a variety of Ultrasound scanning services in Sri Lanka. They include :
- Fetus or unborn child
- Need to get an appointment prior to coming
- Most procedures require 4 hours fasting before the procedure (water is allowed). Ask our staff for more details.
- During a scan of the bladder:
- Drink 1 liter of fluid (water/juice) within 15 minutes to 1 hour prior to appointment time
- Do not empty your bladder for a bladder scan (Bladder must be full during the scan)
- During the scan of the abdomen 12 hour fasting is required
- For an examination of the gallbladder, liver, pancreas, or spleen, you may be told to eat a fat-free meal the evening before your test and then to fast until the procedure. However you can continue to drink water and take any medications as instructed.
- Ask our staff for any clarifications.
An Ultrasound scan test usually takes about 30-60 minutes. Hereâs what happens:
- In certain scans before the exam, you will need to change into a hospital gown and you will most likely be lying down on a bed with a section of your body exposed for the test.
- During the scan medical personnel and radiologist will apply a special lubricating jelly to your skin.
- Using the transducer on the gel, the appropriate image of the organ or tissue part will be printed.
- After the procedure, the gel will be cleaned off of your skin. You will be free to go about your normal activities after the procedure has finished. You will then be advised to meet your doctor with the Ultrasound scan report later.
Appointment Required, Fasting required on Some Scans