Terms and Conditions
Western Infirmary (Pvt) Ltd expressly disclaim all warranties and responsibilities of any kind, whether express or implied, for the accuracy or reliability of the content of any information contained in this web site.
While we have made a concerted effort to provide you with the best possible information, this website is not a substitute for a visit with your healthcare professional, and any reliance upon or use of of this information by you is at your own independent discretion and risk.
Personal Data Protection Notice for Western infirmary pvt ltd (âNoticeâ)
Western infirmary Pvt ltd (âWIPLâ) respects and is committed to the protection of your personalÂ informationÂ andÂ your privacy.Â This PersonalÂ DataÂ ProtectionÂ Notice explainsÂ howÂ we collectÂ andÂ handleÂ yourÂ personalÂ informationÂ inÂ accordanceÂ withÂ theÂ Sri LankaÂ PersonalÂ Data Protection Act 2019. Please note that WIPL may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendment via our website or by email.
(1)Â Personal information
Type of personal information
PersonalÂ informationÂ meansÂ anyÂ informationÂ whichÂ relatesÂ toÂ youÂ andÂ whichÂ wasÂ collectedÂ or provided to WIPL Hospital the purposes stated in Section 2 below.
YourÂ personalÂ information may includeÂ yourÂ name, NIC number, contact details, financial and banking account details, medical historyÂ and information, CCTV/security recordings and location tracking/GPS information.
Source of personal information
- PatientÂ or potential patient/customer: WIPLÂ collectsÂ yourÂ personalÂ informationÂ directly fromÂ you orÂ indirectly from your legal representatives (family members, next of kin), agents (e.g. medical tourism agents) and/or employer when you, your legal representatives, agents and/or employers who send us completed enquiry,Â applicationÂ and/or registration via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues or in our premises. YourÂ personalÂ informationÂ mayÂ alsoÂ beÂ collectedÂ from cookiesÂ throughÂ theÂ useÂ ofÂ our website.
- Independent consultants or potential independentÂ Â consultants: WIPLÂ Â collectsÂ Â your personalÂ informationÂ directlyÂ fromÂ you orÂ indirectlyÂ fromÂ headhuntersÂ whenÂ youÂ and/orÂ our headhuntersÂ sendÂ usÂ completedÂ enquiry and/orÂ application forms orÂ curriculumÂ vitalsÂ via variousÂ means,Â including online and physicalÂ hardcopies.Â YourÂ personalÂ informationÂ may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
- Vendor, supplier or service provider: WIPL collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your employer or credit reference agencies when tendering for projects, whenÂ youÂ sendÂ usÂ completedÂ enquiryÂ and/orÂ creditÂ applicationÂ formsÂ viaÂ variousÂ means, including online and physicalÂ hard copies. Your personalÂ informationÂ mayÂ alsoÂ beÂ collected from cookies through the use of our website.
Obligatory personal information
All information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Should you fail to provide theÂ obligatory information, we wouldÂ be unable to process your request and / or provide you with relevant services.
(2)Â PurposesÂ ofÂ collectingÂ andÂ furtherÂ processingÂ (includingÂ disclosing)Â yourÂ personal information
ForÂ patientsÂ orÂ potentialÂ patients/customers,Â independentÂ consultants,Â potentialÂ independent consultants,Â vendors,Â suppliersÂ orÂ serviceÂ providers: YourÂ personalÂ informationÂ isÂ collectedÂ and further processed by WIPL as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, including the following:
- to process your requested medical services;
- to facilitate your participation in any contests or events;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to our services and/or events;
- to facilitate your medical practice within WIPL, including sharing your personal data with other independent consultants within WIPL for purposes of peer review;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to your medical practice;
- to administer and give effect to your commercial transaction (tender award, contract for service, consignment agreement);
- to process any payments relevant to you;
- for insurance purposes;
- to operate our premises in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- for internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- to conduct internal statistical analysis and analysis of patient case studies;
- to comply with WIPLâs legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business;
- to contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we may feel interest you;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for your and for your computer and/or device; and
- For WIPLâs internal records management.
Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional updates from WIPL, you may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time. YouÂ mayÂ selectÂ theÂ âunsubscribeâÂ option providedÂ in WIPLâs email blastsÂ orÂ youÂ may contact WIPL at the details provided in Section (6) below.
(3)Â Disclosure of personal information
Entities within WIPL Group of Companies
Your personal information provided to us may be processed by entities (in or outside of Sri Lanka within the WIPL EducationÂ Group Â known as âWIPDâ andÂ WIPL GroupÂ ofÂ CompaniesÂ (includingÂ related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners.
WIPLwill ensure that:
- accessÂ toÂ yourÂ personalÂ informationÂ isÂ restrictedÂ toÂ staffÂ whoÂ areÂ contractuallyÂ requiredÂ to process your personal information in accordance with their respective job requirements; and
- Only necessary information is released to the relevant employees.
Classes of third parties
Your personal information may be disclosed to relevant third parties (in or outside of Sri Lanka)as required under law, pursuant to the relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section 2 above (or directly related to those purposes).
In the event of potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organization (âTransactionâ), your personal information may be required to be disclosed or transferred to third party as a result of the Transaction. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit WIPL to release your personal information to the other party and its advisers/representatives.
For patients or potential patients/customers, independent consultants, potential independent consultants, vendors, suppliers or service providers:Â Your personal information may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- The Ministry of Health or any other statutory or non-statutory authorities or bodies having authorityÂ orÂ jurisdictionÂ establishedÂ byÂ theÂ MOH andÂ other relevantÂ government departments or agencies ;
- Our independent consultants and specialists within WIPL Third party private healthcare institutions or government healthcare institutions;
- In the case of pre-employment health screenings, to the patientâs employer / prospective employer;
- Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf(such as auditors, lawyers, company secretary, printing companies, consignment vendors, contractors, conference/event organizers, other advisers, and insurance companies);
- The respective foreign embassies of foreign patients who received treatment in WIPL; and Law enforcement agencies, including the local police.
- Links to other sites
Links to other sites is provided for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statement in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content on the linked sites or any use of the site.
- Location enabled products or applications
Location enabled products or applications transmit your location information to us. We do not use the information sent or provided other than to provide the service you request. Location enable features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time or uninstall them.
Some mobile applications will utilize Google Analytics (or similar tool) to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to us. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download.
- the date and time you accessed each page on our web site;
- (the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our site (the referrer); and
- The web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed. Some web pages may require you to provide aÂ limited amount of personal information in order to enjoy certain services on our websitesÂ (system login credentials, email address andÂ contact, etc.). These personal information will only be used for its intended purposes only, i.e. to respond to you message or deliver the requested services.
(5)Â Right to access and correct personal information
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us (subject always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavor to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly.
If you would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact WIPL Customer Service Centre or email your enquiry to the contact details in Item 6 below.
(6)Â Limiting the processing of personal information, further enquiries and complaints
- youÂ wouldÂ likeÂ toÂ obtain furtherÂ informationÂ onÂ howÂ to limitÂ theÂ processingÂ ofÂ yourÂ personal information;
- you have any further query; or
- you would like to make a complaint in respect of your personal information,
Tel : 112685413
Email : [email protected]
Fax : 112683272
In the event of any conflict between this English language Personal Data Protection Notice and its correspondingÂ Sinhala PersonalÂ DataÂ ProtectionÂ Notice, theÂ termsÂ in thisÂ English language Notice shall prevail.